Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 2

Today was a lot less cooking due to the massive amounts of food I cooked yesterday. For breakfast I had my leftover frittata (and there is still enough for tomorrow) as well as 3 mini paleo pancakes. All delicious still. I also still have some pancake batter leftover for tomorrow. I also drank black coffee which I accidentally spilt at church and was totally embarrassed when small puddles of it formed by the family in front of me...

Lunch was rough because everyone after church wanted to go to Mi Pueblo, a delicious mexican restaurant with the most delicious cheesy burritos. Not to mention chips n salsa, diet coke... But I kept reminding myself of my weight and chub (haha) and ordered unsweet tea...in the south it's either unsweet (or what is considered regular iced tea where I'm from) or "sweet tea" (sweetest tea ever), and a guacamole salad which was lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, and I ordered grilled chicken to top it. No cheese, no dressing.

A few hours later I tried my first paleo smoothie to try and subside my chocolate and sugar cravings. I thought it might be good to try it with some almond butter. Inspired by some recipes I looked up, this is what I made:

STRAWBERRY/BANANA ALMOND BUTTER SMOOTHIE
3/4 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 of a banana
about 1 cup of almond milk (I didn't really measure, it's kinda something I just eye)
2 tablespoons almond butter
a few iced cubes

I put it all in my awesome magic bullet and it turned out SO good. I probably shouldn't get used to putting almond butter in it there because it's so expensive. Do any of you know a place with reasonably priced almond butter?
__________


I also had some leftover chicken enchilada bake which I'll probably eat some more of later and tomorrow :) I was also thinking I'd record my workouts for my sake as well as accountability. Yesterday I didn't do anything because I shopped and cooked so much then had to work at 5:30. Today me and Aindrea went walking for about 40 minutes with our dog and I'm going to do some crunches as well.

3 comments:

  1. good job alsie.

    today I had another sausage, 3 mini pancakes, veggies for bfast
    then abe made an awesome steak and asparagus.

    I get my almond butter at sprouts or fresh and easy but you could try amazon. you need to make sure it is just almonds in it though =). That goes with everything, check all the labels.

    You are doing well and soon you will see results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i want steak and asparagus mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was good! today i at 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, nuts and cranberries, pumpkin paleo muffin and a hamburger wrapped in lettuce. =)

    ReplyDelete