Golden Cauliflower Soup (from Whole30 Recipes Instagram)
Serves 6-8 | Prep 10 min | 1 hour
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 cups Whole30 compliant beef broth (like I said, I used chicken broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- extra-virgin olive oil + ground nutmeg
- minced parsley + chopped walnuts
- toasted, slivered almonds + ghee
- minced dried dates + chopped pecans
I used olive oil and toasted pine nuts as a garnish.
- Wash and core the cauliflower, then coarsely chop.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat, then add the coconut oil. When the oil is melted, add onions, carrots, and garlic. Stir and cook until they’re soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped cauliflower and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and water, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Working in batches, carefully transfer the cauliflower and some of the broth to a blender or food processor (or use an immersion blender right in the pot) and purée the cauliflower until smooth, adding more broth as necessary.
- Pour the purée back into the soup pot and add the salt, pepper, and coconut milk. Stir to combine; cook over medium 5 minutes. Serve immediately with garnishes or store covered in the refrigerator up to 6 days.