Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Motivation is Essential!

Motivational factors are huuuuuuuuuuge for me. If I'm not motivated, I wouldn't try to eat healthy, cook, or go the gym. You know those people who say they can't relax? I just don't understand that. I am the ultimate-relaxer. I seriously love being lazy, eating ice cream, sleeping in, reading, and watching films. All those things are important, but should be enjoyed in moderation. I have to remember what my health goals are and why I'm doing what I'm doing.Therefore, here are some of the things that keep me motivated and help me stay on track. I decided to write them out because I feel like I've been in a rut the last few days.

  • I never regret GOING to the gym, but I do regret NOT going. 
  • Workout buds are essential. If it weren't for Ashley, Kathy, Julie and Aindrea, I would have missed so many classes, slept through so many walks. I force myself to commit to going to the gym with them or schedule walks ahead of time. That creates accountability! 
  • I remind myself how good I feel after eating healthy for a week straight or how strong I feel after completing a hard workout class. 
  • Goals - I need goals! I am going to Argentina this fall- leaving October 21. It won't be bathing suit city necessarily, but I'm going to set it as a goal date for me to 10 pounds (of fat, not muscle). That is one pound per week. I can totally do that, and just think about how great I'll feel if I can achieve that?? 
What works for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment