- Paleo "pancakes"
- Disclaimer - whole30.com says you shouldn't really make anything such as "pancakes" with approved ingredients. However, we made an exception for these because where does it end? Should we not make cauliflower "rice" or spaghetti "squash"? Anyways, I LOVE these- so easy to make. I make enough for leftovers as well and store it in the fridge. It only takes a couple minutes to cook for a snack, breakfast item or even dessert. Even better topped with fruit.
- Potato hash with fried eggs
- I sauteed green bell peppers, an onion in olive oil, added diced sweet potatoes and red potatoes. Added salt, garlic and pepper. Cooked it in a cast iron skillet and used a lid for a bit. The sweet potatoes took longer to cook so I would either add those in earlier next time or perhaps boil them a bit first? Either way turned out delicious - when the potatoes were done I cracked a few eggs over the hash and put the lid back on. Took a few minutes for the eggs to cook and then it was done! So good!
- Leftover thai chicken
- Oh man this chili is so good! I made it a few years ago and am so glad I saved the recipe. The only thing I changed was the cooking process. I wanted to do it in crock pot, so I cooked the stew meat, onions and ground beef first. I then added that plus the rest of the ingredients in a crock pot and simmered it on low for about 3 hours. Also, I can never find tomatillo salsa so I used half a jar of Green Mountain Gringo salsa - locally made and whole30 friendly.
- Another note - my boss' wife made this (they're doing whole30 as well!) and she added sweet potatoes and carrots to the recipe...such a good idea and I'm going to do that again next time.
- Kale/spinach salad with bell peppers and avocado. I made an extremely simple salad dressing with just balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper.