Saturday, June 4, 2011

1st part of Day 8

I lost 2 pounds. To be honest I wished it was more but this way is a lot healthier. They say you should only lose about 2 pounds a week or 10% of your body weight...so as long as I keep eating Paleo for the next 3 weeks I'll lose 6 more pounds. I have to figure out how I want my diet to look afterwards. I definitely am going to cook way more, not have Chick-Fil-A or Cookout once a week, etc... but I do miss chocolate and was thinking I could have bread and cheese maybe like once a week? I could do a similar thing I was doing with my last diet with a "cheat" meal once a week and do this until I get to my desired health goals. I was talking with my friend who is a personal trainer and he said you don't always need to be on a strict diet to maintain a healthy weight but then again he's a boy and works out like crazy.

What are my desired health goals? I think to have a good healthy body fat percentage and be comfortable in a bathing suit! At first I almost wrote I want to lose 20 pounds, but it's not always about the pounds but much more about body fat percentage and what's right for me. After these 30 days I'll take the test at the YMCA to measure my body fat to see how my progress is going.

Breakfast is by far the best/easiest time of day on paleo because I eat the same things I love. Although before this I was eating bagels all the time. This morning I made 2 over easy eggs (the best ones I've ever made actually), 2 sausages and 2 mini paleo pancakes. Right now I'm enjoying coffee with coconut milk.

After lunch and during dinner is when it gets tough because I always want something sweet or some bread. I actually haven't had too much trouble cutting cheese out. Tonight I'm going to try paleo spaghetti...yum!

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to the time to transition from strict paleo I will give you some resources on how to do it best. I think having a small piece of dark chocolate a day would not hurt. Also the occasional cheese. I'm still not sold on bread. What you do is try one thing at a time, while still eating paleo and then paying attention to how your body reacts to it.

    how did you make your eggs? I always mess mine up.

    ReplyDelete